Performs a wide variety of maintenance and mechanical preventive and repair tasks as assigned. Also inspects and maintains low pressure boilers, chillers and auxiliary equipment which provide heating, cooling, power and water for the facility.
- Performs a wide variety of maintenance and mechanical preventive repair tasks as assigned.
- Maintains fire extinguishers, fire alarm boxes, smoke detectors, sprinkler system, etc. and keeps appropriate records.
- Assists with snow removal and grounds care as needed.
- Assists other maintenance personnel in performing preventive maintenance, major repairs in the Health System and its equipment, and the installation of new equipment.
- Makes periodic inspections of equipment, and checks for malfunctions in equipment and piping.
- Performs corrective repair work as circumstances dictate until maintainer is in control of the equipment or system.
- Monitors oxygen and other gas supplies and reorders as needed.
- Performs routine maintenance work such as unclogging drains, drywall repair and painting, maintaining kitchen equipment, miscellaneous plumbing repairs, maintaining heating, cooling and ventilation equipment in patient care areas and office space throughout the facility.
- Performs generator testing as scheduled and maintains records.
- Ability to read, write and follow oral and/or written instructions. Must be able to calculate at a level generally acquired through completion of a general high school or technical school education, plus six months of specialized training.
- Must have dexterity to use standard hand and power tools.
- Work requires a minimum of two years of general maintenance experience.
- Ability to use independent judgment in diagnosing equipment problems and method of repair.
- Work requires responsibility for materials and equipment.
- Operate and maintain boilers, pumps, condensers, chillers and air conditioning units at a level generally acquired through two to three years experience in building maintenance operations.
- Work requires the use of considerable care in using tools and/or performing tasks normally regarded to be dangerous to ensure the safety and protection of others.
- Must have valid Ohio driver's license and acceptable MVR.
Licking Memorial Health Systems is an equal opportunity employer and maintains compliance with all state, federal, and local regulations. Licking Memorial Health Systems does not discriminate against applicants because of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, ancestry, national origin, veteran status, pregnancy, disability, marital status, or other characteristics protected by law.