PHYSICIAN CENTER MANAGER TRAINEE
***Considering internal applicants at this time***
Under minimal supervision is responsible for the organization, management and direction of multiple physician center personnel. Works collaboratively with Licking Memorial Health Professionals and administrators as well as the providers to coordinate clinical and operational activities.
- Supervises the clinical and business staff within the physician center. Responsible for implementation of policies and procedures.
- Responsible for maintenance of the appointment schedule and for effective utilization and distribution of personnel.
- Interviews, hires, evaluates the performance of and, when indicated, disciplines and discharges staff personnel.
- Coordinates department orientation and in-service for training for all personnel.
- Advises and counsels personnel regarding work related problems and difficult, sensitive employee relations matters.
- Conducts staff meetings on a regular basis.
- Responsible for analyzing financial reports for practice and taking action as necessary to improve efficiencies and lower costs.
- Works in collaboration with LMHP administration, quality management, physicians, providers, and staff to implement quality and process improvement program. Leads process improvement teams within the practice to focus on improved quality, increased efficiencies and lower costs.
- Maintains inventory and upkeep of all necessary equipment, materials and supplies. Plans and maintains a clean, orderly and safe environment for patients and employees.
- Oversees the maintenance of accurate patient records including demographics, charges, coding, and documentation, following all policies and procedures concerning billing.
- Promotes guest relations within the practice, health system and community.
- Participates in committees and community programs as requested in order to promote better public relations within the health system and community.
- Current Nursing licensure preferred.
- Demonstrates knowledge of the organization and operation of a physician center for which (s) he assumes responsibility and knowledge of the business and clinical operations generally acquired through two years or more of experience.
- Demonstrates analytical abilities and problem solving skills necessary to oversee and organize the work of others, develop a budget, and implement administrative and clinical policies and procedures.
- Demonstrates interpersonal skills and sensitivity sufficient to interact effectively and efficiently with customers, their families, physicians, hospital, and outside agencies. Acts as the primary agent to effectively deal with customer issues or complaints.
- Demonstrates leadership through standards of behavior, coaching skills, strategic thinking, financial management, conflict management, delegation, change management, communication skills, group process skills and systems thinking.
- Demonstrates ability to proficiently operate various office machines including a personal computer, office computer systems (IDX, EMR, Meditech), fax, telephone, photocopier.
Licking Memorial Health Systems is an equal opportunity employer and maintains compliance with all state, federal, and local regulations. Licking Memorial Health Systems does not discriminate against applicants because of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, ancestry, national origin, veteran status, pregnancy, disability, marital status, or other characteristics protected by law.