- Bachelor of Arts
- 1-3 years of experience required
The Case Manager-Med Surg, assumes responsibility for assessing and coordinating the clinical management of patients in specific case groups for an episode of care . The Case Manager-Med Surge, is responsible for developing and meeting desired patient care outcomes for his/her caseload based on assessment of patient care needs and as ordered by the physician, within an appropriate length of stay and appropriate use of resources. The Case Manager, responding to complex patient care needs form admission to discharge, works productively and cooperatively in collaborations with the physician, clinical staff nurses and managers, as well as other health care professionals.
- Bachelors degree in Social Work or related field with minimum two years experience in the acute care field
- Master's degree from an accredited school of social worker a master's degree in a related field with one year experience in med-surg.
- Strong communication skills,good work ethic, and team member.
- demonstrates awareness of regulatory requirements,including but not limited to, JCAHO, IDPH,CMS.