- Bachelor of Science
- 3-5 years of experience required
- 5-7 years of experience required
The Director of HIM will provide direction in planning,coordinating and administering the health information management program of the hospital.The Director Of Medical Records is also responsible for supervising and managing department operations as required with hospital rules and regulations i.e JCAHO, IDPH, and CMS. The incumbent will have knowledge of health care systems, and have demonstrated ability to interact,relate to, work with, and support the activities of a diverse workforce.
- Bachelors Degree in Business Admin or Health Care Admin required ,Master's in Health Informatics preferred.
- 3 or more years of health information administration, with at least 2 years in a supervisory position.
- Must meet required continuing education hours for AHIMA and maintain accreditation status for a RHIA or RHIT
- Meditech experience highly preferred