The Specimen Preparation Assistant is responsible for general support functions within the Specimen Management Department. Functions performed may include but are not limited to specimen presort, pickup and delivery of processed specimens to the testing departments, imaging, centrifugation and aliquoting. All functions must be performed with confidence, accuracy and in a timely manner. Each associate must maintain a positive working relationship with co-workers, clients and other MACL associates.
• High School Diploma or GED
• Healthcare Experience Preferred
Those duties that are performed regularly to accomplish the purpose of the job. This is not an exhaustive list of all duties and responsibilities, but rather a general description of the work performed by this position.
• Manage the receiving bench by unpacking coolers and sorting specimens for accessioning.
• Pick up specimens at the accessioning bench for distribution to the Technical Areas
• Sort specimens according to work list and technical location.
• Centrifuge un-spun specimens, aliquot specimens if necessary
• Distribute specimens to designated technical areas
• Maintain archived specimens to include scanning into archive database, recovery of specimens for add-on testing and disposing of completed specimens.
• Perform electronic imaging of requisitions
• Clean and restock benches
• Participate in special projects and other duties as assigned by the Supervisor