- Minimum 5 years experience required
The Software Engineer will be responsible for end-to-end software solution development. This position requires interaction with end users to gather requirements and understand solution objectives. This position develops and maintains custom reports, code, forms, notes, data feeds and interfaces with development tools to support clinical systems (Practical Process Improvement, Financial, Quality, Workflows, Software Integrations and Customer Service). Independently supports, enhances and maintains clinical information systems applications. Works as a consultant with the management team, physicians, department heads, user groups, and key users to analyze, design, develop and implement new projects and modifications. Conducts special studies and analyses regarding development of new information systems to meet current and projected needs.
- Bachelor’s degree in Information Technology or related degree preferred.
- 5 years or more of relevant healthcare IT experience required.
- Understanding of healthcare and clinical environment required.
- Experience with writing stored procedures and triggers required.
- Experience with medical information systems required.
- Experience with Allscripts Sunrise Clinical Manager (SCM), and Allscripts Enterprise EHR software strongly preferred.
- Must have the ability to translate end user specifications into software solutions.
- Must have the ability to coordinate projects with contract resources.
- Must have the ability to reverse engineer, debug, and enhance existing code base.
- Must have the ability to quickly learn new software languages and tools as needed.
- Advanced experience with Microsoft SQL Server Management Studio, querying, performance, and tuning required.
- Experience with Microsoft Reporting Services, Crystal Reports, SQL Agent, Stored Procedures, SQL and VBA Functions, SQL views, and SSIS packages required.
- Advanced fundamental knowledge of RDBMS preferred.
- Must have the ability to respond, provide solutions and solve problems in a fast paced dynamic, collaborative team environment.
- Advanced knowledge of the software development cycle moving solutions from development, through thorough testing, to production required.
- Developing MLMs with and without objects plus.
- Developing Visual Studio projects with Visual Basic or C#.
- Dot-NET programming required.
- Proficiency in a suite of Microsoft Office applications.