It has been determined that you are currently running a "Popup Blocker". In order to continue, please allow this site from within your "Popup Blocker" preferences.
|Send this job to a friend|
|Shift:||Evening shift w/Wknd. Rotation required|
Contact: Shawn Burns
Meadville Medical Center is hiring for a Medical Technologist III (Med Tech) job to work part-time, 2:30pm-11pm in our Laboratory in Meadville, PA.
The Medical Technologist III (Med Tech) will be in consultation with the laboratory manager or appropriate MT IV, plans, coordinates, and directs the daily activities listed; oversight of quality control, monitoring instrument function and maintenance, assures the accuracy and timeliness of test results, and performs laboratory tests in an assigned department following approved procedures. Procedure manuals are maintained in their area of responsibility. Enhanced decision-making ability and the use of independent judgment are necessary if the Pathologists, Laboratory Manager or MT IV are not on site.
Medical Technologist III (Med Tech) Education and Experience Requirements:
· Meets the Pennsylvania Department of Health regulations for Medical Technologist
o Being qualified as a "stat shift" technologist
· Registry or registry eligible as a Medical Technologist (A.S.C.P.) or equivalent is desirable
· Recent training and experience in laboratory technology is strongly preferred
· At least 3 years' experience in Medical Technology is desirable
· Must be able to operate a variety of analytical instrumentation
Medical Technologist III (Med Tech) Physical Demands and Working Conditions:
· Manual dexterity
· Ability to organize time to handle large amounts of information
· Good communication skills
· Walking, bending, sitting, standing, talking, seeing and hearing
· May be exposed to potential hazards such as body fluids and other infectious materials
· May be some exposure to potentially hazardous chemical agents that require care in handling
If you or someone you know are interested, please contact Shawn Burns at 814-686-7352 or email firstname.lastname@example.org or apply directly at www.mmchs.org/careers