It has been determined that you are currently running a "Popup Blocker". In order to continue, please allow this site from within your "Popup Blocker" preferences.
|Send this job to a friend|
|Shift:||Evening shift w/Wknd. Rotation required|
|Hours:||8 and 12 hr shifts|
Meadville Medical Center is hiring for an Emergency Services Technician job to work part-time (must be able to work all shifts) with weekend rotation in our Emergency Services Department.
The Emergency Services Technician assists the Professional Nurse and others with the daily routines and function of the Emergency Services Department.
Emergency Services Technician Education and Experience Requirements:
· High School graduate or equivalent
· EMT certification or completion of a nursing assistant program preferred
· BLS Healthcare Provider card
· Strong interpersonal communication skills necessary to effectively communicate clearly with other members of the health team
· Must be able to receive instruction, provide instruction/explanation to patient and/or significant other
· Ability to interact with patients, families and others often during stressful situations
· Ability to independently make frequent rounds, lift patients, position patients, transport patients, provide treatment and maintain patient safety and comfort
· Must be able to respond to emergency situation, i.e. codes and/or combative patients
· Experience in data entry or typing preferred – previous clerical experience preferred, legible handwriting
· Through education, experience and/or training, the individual is qualified to work with infant, pediatric, adolescent adult and geriatric patients
· Fluent knowledge of medical terminology
Emergency Services Technician Physical Demands and Working Conditions:
· Lifting, reaching, walking, carrying, pushing, pulling, manual dexterity and ability to restrain combative patient
· Ability to see and hear with or without mechanical aides
· Ability to lift, push or pull a minimum of 50 lbs.
· Normal patient care environment with little exposure to excessive noise, dust and temperature changes
· Standing, walking and/or lifting
· Subject to certain distasteful patient care activities, exposure to communicable disease and exposure to combative patients
· May be exposed to potential hazards such as chemical wastes, body wastes, fluids and other possible infectious material
If you or someone you know are interested in the Emergency Services Technician job, please go to www.mmchs.org/careers and apply directly or contact Chelsea at firstname.lastname@example.org