It has been determined that you are currently running a "Popup Blocker". In order to continue, please allow this site from within your "Popup Blocker" preferences.
|Send this job to a friend|
|Shift:||Evenings & Nights w/Wknd. Rotation required|
Contact: Shawn Burns
Meadville Medical Center is hiring for a Licensed Practical Nurse (LPN) job to work part-time evenings with shift and weekend rotation on our Stepping Stones Unit. He/she will give direct nursing care for patients under the supervision of the Professional Nurse.
Licensed Practical Nurse (LPN) Education and Experience Requirements:
· Professional knowledge of nursing theory and practice at a level normally required through completion of an accredited school of nursing
· Specific unites may have additional requirements according to their policy
· Specific skills for this patient care unit which the staff member must demonstrate knowledge and competence include:
o (a) Care of the substance abuse patient
o (b) Care of the patient requiring detoxification
o (c) The 12 Step Recovery Program
o (d) Patient confidentiality
o (e) Use of the individual and group therapy techniques/dynamics
o (f) Support groups available to patients and/or significant others to utilize.
· Current State Practical Nursing License
· If recovering from addiction, must have two (2) years of uninterrupted abstinence and must actively participate in a recognized 12-Step Program
· At least one year of nursing experience in Medical/Surgical Nursing preferred
Licensed Practical Nurse (LPN) Physical Demands and Working Conditions:
· Good communication and analytical skills necessary
· Ability to concentrate and prioritize, plan and perform professional nursing care, resolve patient care problems, and interact with patients, families, and other team members-often during stressful situations
· Ability to make frequent rounds, lift patients, position patients, and to transport patients, to provide treatment and to maintain patient comfort
· Must independently be able to respond to any emergency situation
If you or someone you know are interested, please contact Shawn Burns at 814-686-7352 or email email@example.com or apply directly at www.mmchs.org/careers