Nature and Scope of Position:
The Recruitment Coordinator (RC) will develop recruitment strategies with input from the Principal Investigators (PIs), Study Coordinator (SC) and Research Team to bring appropriate subjects in for screening and enrollment. The RC will meet enrollment goals in an efficient and expeditious manner. The RC will be responsible for ongoing review of recruiting strategies in keeping with Internal Review Board (IRB) regulatory guidelines.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities:
1. Collaborate with Investigators, SC and research team to establish recruitment strategies, complying with regulations and guidelines.
2. Respond to incoming and outgoing calls and emails relating to specific studies, as determined by Investigators, SC. Maintain accurate daily tracking logs and oversee the accurate data entry of all.
3. Coordinate with clinical services for scheduling screening visits and communicate to all relevant clinical personnel regarding screening dates and times.
4. With guidance from Investigators & SC, master an understanding of protocol, eligibility requirements, recruitment needs, and priorities of studies and knowledge of IRB regulations for recruitment of human subjects for research.
5. Develop and modify advertising media (print ads, on-line ads and mailings) to recruit research participants as mandated by protocol stipulations.
6. Coordinate with advertising media outlets to place advertisements in a timely manner.
7. Create and/or Coordinate the production of brochures, flyers, and posters necessary for recruitment efforts.
8. Maintain confidentiality of patient information consistent with regulations and guidelines
9. Explore opportunities for recruitment within the community in compliance with HIPAA guidelines. Prepare periodic and ad-hoc reports of recruitment efforts for the Program Manager, Investigators, and Study Coordinator,
10. Function as a representative of MedStar Health Research Institute (MHRI) and the GRADE Study to community groups, research groups and others outside the MHRI.
11. Create and update operating procedures for recruitment events.
12. Plan and execute scheduled and ad hoc recruitment meetings for Investigators,
and Study Coordinator.
13. Consistently demonstrate support for compliance in the performance of job duties and responsibilities by a) developing and maintaining knowledge of, and performing job functions in compliance with rules, regulations, policies, and statutes that affect his/her job; b) maintaining knowledge of and performing job functions in compliance with MedStar Health and MedStar Health Research Institute policies and procedures; and c) reporting compliance concerns in an appropriate and timely manner.
14. Perform other duties as assigned.
Education: Minimum requirement Associates Degree or 2 years equivalent experience. Experience with medical terminology, marketing and advertising preferred.
Experience: At least 2 years of relevant work experience; excellent communication skills and the ability to work in a team environment; ability to operate within a dynamic, team-oriented atmosphere; must be able to multi-task, work as a team player to reach accrual goals and have excellent time-management skills. Ability to use Microsoft Office Internet and other office equipment.
Ability: Able to learn new computer software programs and ability to learn database management.
Work Hours: Full-time, 40 hours per week; ability to work evenings or weekends for recruitment events.