MedStar Simulation Training and Education Lab (SiTEL) is looking for a Senior Simulation Specialist to manage daily operations in one of its busy Clinical Simulation Centers in the Washington, DC area. The position will serve as the simulation subject matter expert to faculty and simulation specialist. The Senior Simulation Specialist will maintain oversight of clinical programs including nursing residency, graduate medical education, and system-wide simulations focused on improving patient safety and quality of care. The ideal candidate will have previous simulation experience in healthcare, clinical experience (RN, LPN, Paramedic, EMT), and technical expertise.
MedStar SiTEL serves as the system-wide learning and education organization for MedStar Health, a $5-billion-health system, which includes 10 hospitals, 20 affiliated healthcare businesses and 40 centers of excellence in the Washington, D.C., and Maryland regions. MedStar Health is academically affiliated with Georgetown University and is the graduate medical education (GME) partner for the Georgetown University School of Medicine. MedStar SiTEL provides learning solutions focused on quality, safety and service excellence, while partnering with our associates to improve outcomes. MedStar SiTEL manages four freestanding clinical simulation centers and one mobile simulation lab throughout the Maryland and DC area.
Major roles and responsibilities include:
· Works with clinical education services team members to create and deliver simulation training, and measure outcomes based on best practices
· Provides expert level technical and operational oversight for the Clinical Simulation Center
· Oversees the orientation process for new simulation specialist and faculty
· Makes recommendations and assists in the preparation and monitoring of budgets
· Maintains accountability for over $1M in simulation equipment, oversee inventory, compiles usage reports , and sets par levels dependent on center usage
· Assist in the supervision of simulation specialist, and provides mentorship to junior simulation specialist.
· Provides feedback to the Operations Manager on the performance of simulation specialist and is directly involved performance management
EDUCATION: Associate's degree in business, management, education, or healthcare related field; or an equivalent combination of education and experience. Bachelor's degree preferred.
EXPERIENCE: 3 years of previous work experience required with at least 1 year in a high intensity work environment. Related areas of experience include Customer Service, Retail, Junior Engineer, Project Management, Business Management, Logistics Management, Biomedical Engineering, Surgical Technologist, EMT, Paramedic, LPN, Junior Client Facing Engineer, and Instructional Technology.
LICENSE/CERT/REG: No special certification, registration or license required.
SKILLS: Communicates effectively both orally and in writing. Ability to present to other professionals/nonprofessionals, in a clear concise manner. Proven experience prioritizing tasks. Excellent judgment and problem solving skills.