Bachelor's degree in Business or health related field preferred
Equivalent work experience may substitute degree requirement.
Related Work Experience and Other Skills
· Ability to judge the appropriate action in response to changes, circumstances or problems.
· Ability to lead a large group of subordinates while ensuring a high level of engagement and performance.
· Ability to objectively appraise and analyze the qualifications and performance of others as well as the ability to plan and direct their activities
· Knowledge of Medicare/Medicaid Guidelines, JCAHO guidelines as it relates to registration/admitting.
· Knowledge of Patient Access or Business/Finance operations preferred.
· Minimum of 5 years management experience.
· Proficient in Microsoft Office applications and other as assigned.
· Skilled in building relationships with other leaders and staff.
· Actively seeks ways to control costs without compromising patient safety and quality of
care of the services delivered. -
· Attends in-service presentations and completes mandatory education requirements as
· assigned. -
· Creates and maintains monthly budgets and provides variance analyses on both
positive and negative variances. Develops and implements action plans as needed. -
· Develops short and long term departmental goals and monitors on a monthly basis.
· Develops and implements action plans as needed. -
· Ensures high levels of performance, achievement of goals and quality of results
through coaching and mentoring of managers and staff.
· Obtains monthly performance data for the facility and shares with the staff and facility
· Oversees facility patient access functions to ensure daily operations are maintained
according to established performance standards.
· Oversees management of Patient Access staff by providing recommendations for
hiring, promotion, salary adjustment, completion of performance appraisals and