Collaborates with department director in the development and implementation of innovative, effective, and efficient sales strategies and tactics. Implements tactics aligned with the strategy which raise visibility and strengthen Memorial Healthcare relationships with customer groups to help improve its market share. Enhances and coordinates physician relations, including sourcing, screening, orientation, retention programs and tactics working closely with the President/CEO and the Vice President of Medical Affairs. Strives for superior performance by consistently providing a product or service that is recognized as contributing to the patient and family experience.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE: Bachelor’s degree preferred in Business Planning, Marketing, Business Administration, Health Administration or equivalent experience in a related field. RN or Clinical experience strongly preferred. A minimum of three to five years of experience in health care sales management and physician relations required.
ESSENTIAL PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS: Must be able to travel independently from one location to another throughout all hospital campuses and community. Able to sit for extended period.
ESSENTIAL MENTAL ABILITIES: Ability to effectively problem solve; ability to understand budget analysis; ability to develop and communicate effective proposals; ability to organize; ability to understand, observe; ability to function under pressure; ability to function independently in performing duties; able to work under stress, with interruptions and tight deadlines; ability to comprehend basic statistics and financial documents for purposes of preparing and analyzing departmental budgets, etc.
- Responsible for implementing sales strategies and tactics for products and services offered by Memorial Healthcare to retain existing business, grow market share, and encourage referrals. Maintains high level of knowledge of services offered by system. This includes direct sales of all Memorial Healthcare products/services to appropriate customer groups. Recommends new product opportunities to meet physician/physician extender/practice manager needs.
- Recommends and implements promotional sales tactics utilizing appropriate mediums to strengthen Memorial Healthcare’s relationships with the business community to assure marketability and to maximize revenues including data collection and analysis of new markets, competitive plans, improved markets and current/potential clients.
- Maintains current maintenance of contact list information, both internal and external, and schedules of provider site visits.
- Establish and maintain communication within the department regarding client interaction to ensure optimum utilization of resources. Provide reports, orally and written, upon request. Prepares sales activity and issues reports for director, including contacts made and follow-up actions.
- Maintains a sales management system with customer demographic data, program or product interest, required follow-up action, sales activity, and a financial record of the business obtained to ascertain if strategic goals and objectives are being met.
- Partners with Community Relations Manager for specialty community outreach projects such as community lectures, screenings and educational programs. Works collaboratively with community outreach specialist, marketing and public relations and other internal and external resources.
- Acts as the primary resource to physician/physician extender/practice manager needs in resolving any customer relations concerns; directs concerns to appropriate Memorial Healthcare staff member. Facilitates the flow of communications and the timely resolution of issues. Provides feedback to physician and Memorial Healthcare Administration.
- Monitors referrals to Memorial Healthcare and proactively identifies and resolves issues.
- Partners with MMA management to facilitate office staff training workshops and physician involvement in hospital marketing activities as appropriate.
- Partners with assigned recruiters/search firms to source and screen physician/physician extender candidates for review and consideration by the President/CEO.
- Coordinates, schedules, and facilitates candidate’s interview process; securing the interview panel(s); arranges overnight accommodations; collects the feedback post-interview; follows up as directed.
- Responsible for the orientation of new physicians and other licensed medical personnel using the Orientation Policy developed by the Vice President of Medical Affairs. Ensures that Orientations are completed and documented per Joint Commission standards.
- Develops and implements physician retention strategies, including welcome events, newsletters, monthly visits, and introductions to referral sources. Meets regularly with the Vice President of Medical Affairs and Chief of Staff to gauge physician satisfaction and the effectiveness of retention strategies.
- Completes required continuous training and education, including department specific requirements.
- Demonstrates knowledge and support of hospital and department mission, vision, values, Standards of Behavior, policies, procedures, corporate compliance, confidentiality, and code of ethics.