The Memorial Health System has established a new graduate nurse program designed to provide a supportive environment that enables you to build on your undergraduate nursing education and clinical competencies. Participants have the opportunity to understand the complete Memorial Way experience we develop for our patients. We offer a wide range of opportunities to meet the needs of all new nurse graduates -- from acute care to highly specialized areas like emergency department and critical care.
Our program offers a combination of curriculum work and supervised hands-on experience to help build your knowledge base and effective decision-making skills. In addition, you will have a preceptor to answer questions, provide support and help refine your skills. A mentor may also be matched with you to provide the social and emotional support you will need to grow.
As a new nursing professional, you will participate in a comprehensive program that includes a series of learning sessions and work experiences:
- Paid staff nurse position
- 14 weeks of customized orientation
- Classroom and simulation curriculum lessons
- Clinical and interdisciplinary experiences
- Ongoing professional development
- Peer group support
- Support from mentors
Advantages Transition to Success:
- Enhances critical thinking and problem solving skills
- Increases confidence in skills
- Enhances communication within the interdisciplinary team
- Increases comfort in handling of emergency/critical situations
- Transitions from advanced beginner to competent professional