Memorial Health System volunteers are special people who help make the experience better for patients and families. If you are interested in helping others and making new friends along the way, there are many opportunities to discover. We have flexible schedules and a variety of important roles. We place volunteers in both patient care areas and non-patient care related opportunities. No matter your talents or interests, there's a place for you!
Our volunteers are exceptional individuals who take the extra mile to make a difference in our patient's life. They help in countless ways. Help in the form of comforting worried families to delivering flowers and reading materials to patients. Our volunteers' direct and indirect services are an essential extension of the MHS team.
In appreciation of the support and time our volunteers contribute, Memorial Health System offers benefits to volunteers which include, but are not limited to:
· Learn new skills while helping others
· Gain experience working in the healthcare
· Make a positive difference in another person's life
· Develop new friendships
· Give something back to the community
· Free parking
· Annual volunteer recognition event
· Letters of recommendation upon request
· Meal provided in the cafeteria after each four-hour shift
· Free access to the fitness center