Memorial Health System offers a variety of Advanced Practice positions with varying degrees of responsibility. Our Advanced Nurse Practitioners and Physician Assistants, in conjunction with the Physician/s and clinical staff, are responsible for exemplary patient health care and continuity of medical services under the direction of the supervising physician/s. Responsibilities will vary with each position, and also according to specialty; must be accessible to their physicians, staff and supervisors.
Practice Scope – NP/PA Hospital Medicine Team (Hospitalist)
Practitioners are responsible for admissions, daily rounding, acute visits and discharges of patients as well as ordering and interpreting laboratory data. All are done in conjunction with collaborating attending and consulting physicians. Competent in taking medical history, assessing medical condition and interpreting findings. Ability to maintain quality assurance and quality control standards. Capable of reacting calmly and effectively in emergency situations. Excellent communication skill with both patients and colleagues are essential.
Day Shift: 7:00am – 5:00pm
Afternoon Shift: 12:00pm – 10:00pm
Weekend Coverage: 1:4
1. Applicant must hold a Master's degree from an accredited NP program or hold a Master's Degree from an accredited Physician Assistant program.
2. Applicant must be a certified NP. Current State of Ohio licensure is required and should be maintained at all times or applicant must have and maintain a PA certification from the National Commission on Certification of Physician's Assistants (NCCPA).
3. Certificate to Prescribe must be current and maintained at all times.
4. 1-3 years of experience is preferred, but we are willing to work with new grads.
5. A thorough understanding of HIPAA law is required and professional discretion must be demonstrated at all times.
6. Applicant must have excellent oral and written communication skills. Excellent communication skills with both patients and colleagues are essential.
7. Computer literacy is required and must include Excel, Word and Outlook, and Electronic Medical Records experience is an advantage.