Minimum Education/Experience Required: Licensed in Ohio as a Physical Therapy Assistant.
Special Knowledge, Skills, Training: Manual dexterity, basic numerical skills, excellent interpersonal communication skills, anatomy, physiology, and neurology. One year experience as an L.P.T.A. preferred.
In an environment of continuous quality improvement, the Licensed Physical Therapy Assistant is responsible for performing physical therapy treatments for patients. Exhibits the MHS Standards of Excellence and exercises strict confidentiality at all times.
1. Applies treatment modalities and techniques in a safe and effective manner according to the established plan of care as well as in accordance with departmental policy and procedures.
2. Demonstrates effective teaching skills.
3. Completes documentation in a thorough and professional manner and in accordance with all policies, procedures, and in compliance with HFAP standards.
4. Collaborates with other providers to facilitate the optimal outcome for each patient.
5. Assumes all other duties and responsibilities as necessary.