In an environment of continuous quality improvement, the Registered Nurse is responsible for rendering professional nursing care to patients within a clinic office setting. The position directs and guides patient education under the direction of the Provider. Exhibits the MHS Standards of Excellence and exercises strict confidentiality at all times.
· Associates Degree in Nursing required
· Current licensure in the State of Ohio and/or West Virginia as a Registered Nurse required
· BLS certification required
· Healthcare experience preferred
· Demonstrated proficiency in clinical setting, knowledge and skills
· Knowledge in documenting and maintaining electronic health records
1. Demonstrates the skills and judgment necessary to implement a nursing plan of care, nursing interventions, and procedures as necessary for the care of the patient through knowledge of clinic policies and procedures. Under the direction of the provider, responsible for providing and recording sample medications to patients. Demonstrates knowledge of commonly prescribed medications, including administration technique, action, dosage, and side effects.
2. Identifies patient care problems and communicates them to the provider by assessing patients. Documents patient intake including vital statistics, verification of allergies, past history, updated medication list, and review of system findings as stated by patient or delegate. Performs assigned nursing procedures and treatments as ordered and within scope of practice with appropriate, timely documentation. Assists in patient education as needed.
3. Maintains up-to-date and accurate documentation of nursing care by authenticating all entries in the medical records and maintains office records and logs as directed by the supervisor.
4. Submits prescriptions under the provider's direction and ensures that all prescriptions that are called, written or sent electronically to the pharmacy are documented in the patient medical record at the time of execution after an appropriate physician order is given.
5. Collects specimens in accordance with hospital policy and appropriately fills out forms.
6. Maintains compliance in RQI.
7. Assumes all other duties and responsibilities as necessary.