In an environment of continuous quality improvement, the Physical Therapist is responsible for evaluating patients, establishing treatment plans, and administering medically prescribed therapy to restore function following disease, injury, or disability. Exhibits the MHS Standards of Excellence and exercises strict confidentiality at all times.
· Licensed in Ohio and West Virginia as a Physical Therapist required
· Requires excellent eye/hand coordination, manual dexterity, frequent standing, pulling, bending, kneeling, stooping and stretching
· Must be capable of assisting with transfer lifting of patients weighing 200 pounds
· Must have normal or corrected hearing and near visual acuity for writing and reading patient charts
1. Completes therapy evaluations based on diagnostic and prognostic testing methods.
2. Independently provides treatment modalities and techniques in a safe and effective manner according to departmental policy and procedures.
3. Demonstrates effective teaching skills.
4. Completes documentation in a thorough and professional manner and in accordance with all policies, procedures, and in compliance with HFAP standards.
5. Collaborates with other providers to facilitate the optimal outcome for each patient.
6. Assumes all other duties and responsibilities as necessary.