In an environment of continuous quality improvement, the Data Analyst is responsible for the understanding of healthcare data (e.g. patient, claims, financial, clinical and provider data) and operations coupled with the knowledge of large data set development, quantitative data analysis methodology and analytical tools for reporting. The Data Analyst, routinely supports clinical business decisions and operational processes. Data analyst role is responsible for working in conjunction with IT Report Writers to develop, test and implement new reports to meet Meaningful Use requirements. Analyze data files for quality, quantity, and accuracy. Use of SQL/MY SQL/SSRS and SSIS skills to identify data anomalies which may impact processes. Exhibits the MHS Standards of Excellence and exercises strict confidentiality at all times.
· Bachelor's Degree in a healthcare related field, science/social sciences, mathematics/statistics, information technology, or equivalent practical experience
· Minimum of 3 years' experience in a managed care, hospital, provider practice or similar setting
· Minimum of 3 years' experience in data systems
· Experience with SQL Server Integration Services (SSIS) and SQL Server Reporting Services (SSRS)
· SQL, Access, Excel and reporting software knowledge required
· Ability to work with a variety of disciplines and levels of staff across departments and the enterprise
· Strong interpersonal and effective verbal and written communication
· Excellent team player, eager to learn from others and to share skills with colleagues
· Excellent verbal and written communication skills
· Understanding of object-oriented design principles, programming, and design patterns
· Proficient in leveraging development tools (source code repositories, IDEs, and debuggers)
· Highly motivated self-starter, who thrives in a fast-paced environment and can work independently
· Ability to multi-task, effectively manage competing priorities and ambiguity is essential
· Strong PC Skills
1. Designs and develops reports for use by all departments.
2. Works autonomously and collaboratively with report requestors, providing guidance to define report requirements and validate results.
3. Works collaboratively across departments to understand and meet the organization's clinical quality analytic needs.
4. Work with IT analysts, project managers, IT managers, and development teams to validate and review data discrepancies.
5. Monitor production systems for data anomalies.
6. Review, analyze, and validate data to ensure data integrity and consistency.
7. Maintain data accuracy through review and correction processes.
8. Recommend and document necessary changes to applications to preserve data consistency.
9. Collaborates with clinical and IT staff to support defined business requirements.
10. Analyzes data and prepares data reports.
11. Maintains consistency and integrity of data collection and storage.
12. Interfaces data for reporting purposes; develops and analyses systems needed to obtain information or statistics vital to departmental operations (Including Meaningful Use and PQRS reporting).
13. Assumes all other duties and responsibilities as necessary.