In an environment of continuous quality improvement, the Patient Care Technician is responsible for processing physician orders and records appropriate information. Assists the registered nurse and licensed practical nurse in the provision of patient care; maintains communications within and between nursing units. Advises hospital departments on patient activities. Exhibits the MHS Standards of Excellence and exercises strict confidentiality at all times.
· High School Diploma, GED or equivalent training and/or experience
· Certified AAMA Medical Assistant, CNA/STNA, previous experience or have completed one semester of a nursing program or PCT certificate program required
· Prefer prior experience
· Interpersonal skills, clerical, numerical and manual dexterity, color vision and near visual acuity
· Proper lifting techniques and body mechanics
· Ability to read, write and do math as generally demonstrated by a high school diploma or GED
1. Assists in all aspects of patient care and non-patient care within their scope of practice.
2. Assist in the maintenance of: supplies/equipment/cleanliness of the nursing unit.
3. Complies with all safety and infection control standards r/t position of nurse aide.
4. Maintains open lines of communication between self and professional staff.
5. Provides patient care as assigned by charge nurse/team leader.
6. Assists with teaching the patient/family/significant other.
7. Assists in the maintenance of supplies and equipment.
8. Assists surgical staff (professional/technical).
9. Completes required competencies.
10. Assumes all other duties and responsibilities as necessary.