In an environment of continuous quality improvement, the Pharmacy Medication Reconciliation Technician is responsible for performing technical and clerical duties essential for identification of current inpatient home medications, as well as performing other pharmacy duties as needed. Exhibits the MHS Standards of Excellence and exercises strict confidentiality at all times.
· High School Degree or GED required
· Completion of an accredited medical assistant program with an AAMA or NHA certification or held the position of Medical Assistant with MHS prior to January, 2015 or held a Med Rec Tech position prior to March 1, 2018
· Previous healthcare experience preferred
· BLS Certification required
· Demonstrated proficiency in computer skills in Microsoft Office applications
· Ability to perform clerical tasks, including ability to follow directions
1. Pharmacy Operations: Communicates with pharmacists, physicians, nursing staff, and other pharmacy technicians to ensure the delivery of high quality patient care. Provides guidance and training to new pharmacy staff as needed. Performs nursing unit and medication storage audits assigned by pharmacy supervisor.Fills and delivers medication and physician orders in a timely and efficent manner.
2. Medication Reconciliation: Obtains medication histories in an accurate, professional and efficient manner for patients newly admitted to the hospital. Contacts community pharmacies, outpatient providers, and patient family members to obtain needed medication information and coordinate care. Enters medication information into the pharmacy computer system and hospitalist computer system.
3. Performs additional duties as required by the pharmacy director and pharmacy supervisor.
4. Maintains compliance in RQI.
5. Assumes all other duties and responsibilities as necessary.