In an environment of continuous quality improvement, the Shift Coordinator is responsible for managing and supervising activities in an assigned nursing area, on a specific shift. Exhibits the MHS Standards of Excellence and exercises strict confidentiality at all times.
· Current licensure in the State of Ohio as a registered nurse
· Minimum of three years of clinical experience
· Current ACLS, BLS and PALS
· Attend leadership classes/ Frontline 50
· BSN preferred
· Verbal and written communication skills
· Manual dexterity, color vision and near visual acuity
· Demonstrates leadership skills
1. Provides input for annual appraisal of staff in a timely, accurate and fair manner.
2. Maintains current management knowledge base.
3. Maintains an effective professional relationship with all constituencies.
4. Actively involved in professional development of clinical staff.
5. Supports hospital policies and procedures.
6. Collaborates with others to utilizes available clinical staff appropriately to provide for optimal patient care, while maintaining within acuity/staffing matrix guidelines.
7. Interacts appropriately with all customers to provide for prompt problem resolution.
8. Represents the organization in a positive and professional manner.
9. Assists with interviewing and hiring process as requested.
10. Coordinates new employee orientation/education/on-the-job training.
11. Assists with scheduling/staffing issues as requested.
12. Assists with patient issues/concerns as required.
13. Assists with disciplinary action when requested.
14. Serves as resource person to other staff.
15. Collects, analyzes and reports data as directed.
16. Serves as Nursing Supervisor as assigned.
17. Has the authority and responsibility to hire, transfer, suspend, lay off, recall, promote, discharge, assign, reward, discipline, direct, or recommend such actions by using independent judgment.
18. Completes and conducts employee performance evaluations based on direct observation of their employee's job performance.
19. Granted authority to perform the supervisory duties and are held accountable for performing such duties.
20. Assumes all other duties and responsibilities as necessary.