In an environment of continuous quality improvement, the Social Worker is responsible for performing social work and discharge planning services to patients and families to resolve social-emotional difficulties with illness and to ensure continuity of care for patients upon discharge. Exhibits the MHS Standards of Excellence and exercises strict confidentiality at all times.
· Bachelor's Degree in Social Work required
· Master's Degree in Social Work preferred
· Minimum of two years of appropriate experience preferred
· Licensed in the State of Ohio as a Social Worker
· Communication skills and ability to interact congenially and empathetically
1. Provides emotional support, crisis intervention, and discharge planning services according to department procedures.
2. Assesses and develops an appropriate plan for patients and/or families to assure continuity of care needs is met.
3. Completes comprehensive assessments, interventions, and documentation is completed in the patient's medical record according to written guidelines.
4. Utilizes knowledge and skills necessary to assist with explanation and completion of Advance Directives,
5. Assumes all other duties and responsibilities as necessary.
1. Facilitate Cancer Support groups and activities
2. Active participation in Cancer Committee and adherence to accreditation standards relevant to social work functions
3. Coordinate referrals to community resources in the home setting such as home health, DME, mental health, Hospice, etc.
4. Collaborates across hospital service lines ensuring all patient needs are met.