In an environment of continuous quality improvement, the Social Worker is responsible for performing social work and discharge planning services to patients and families to resolve social-emotional difficulties with illness and to ensure continuity of care for patients upon discharge. Exhibits the MHS Standards of Behavior and exercises strict confidentiality at all times.
· Bachelor's Degree in Social Work required
· Master's Degree in Social Work preferred
· Minimum of two years of appropriate experience
· Licensed in the State of Ohio as a Social Worker
· Communication skills and ability to interact congenially and empathetically
- Provides emotional support, crisis intervention, and discharge planning services according to department procedures.
- Assesses and develops an appropriate plan for patients and/or families to assure continuity of care needs is met.
- Completes comprehensive assessments, interventions, and documentation is completed in the patient's medical record according to written guidelines.
- Utilizes knowledge and skills necessary to assist with explanation and completion of Advance Directives,
- Assumes all other duties and responsibilities as necessary.