In an environment of continuous quality improvement, the ER Technician is responsible for assisting registered nurses and licensed practical nurses in the delivery of patient care. Exhibits the MHS Standards of Excellence and exercises strict confidentiality at all times.
· High School Diploma, GED or equivalent training and/or experience required
· Current, recent, or within one year, licensure as EMT, Paramedic, or pending licensure as LPN or RN required
· BLS certification required
· Good oral communications/guest relation skills, must possess manual dexterity and be able to lift boxes of at least 25 lbs., and maneuver carts and wheelchairs in the transport of patients within the hospital and ambulance bay/parking lot
1. Performs general care to assure patient's physical comfort to include hourly rounding.
2. Performs patient procedures assigned (ex. vital signs, EKG, phlebotomy, urinary catheterization, cardiac monitoring, CPR) and assist physician and/or nurse with procedures.
3. Assists in carrying out patient care to meet physical, spiritual, psychological needs of patients ranging in age from neonate to geriatric.
4. Maintains the maintenance of supplies and equipment and cleanliness of the Emergency Department (ex. restocking linen and supplies).
5. Complies with all safety and infection control standard related to position of ED tech.
6. Maintains necessary job knowledge and skills.
7. Promotes a positive patient experience.
8. Assumes all other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
9. Enters daily charges of patient care supplies.
10. Facilitates a positive and caring relationship with others by utilizing trust and mutual respect.
11. Establishes a therapeutic relationship between patient, family, and self, based on empathy and trust.
12. Uses proper channels of authority in communicating information.
13. Maintains compliance in RQI.
14. Assumes all other duties and responsibilities as necessary.