In an environment of continuous quality improvement, the Registered Nurse Cardiac Ultrasound is responsible for rendering professional nursing care and directs and guides patient teaching and activities of ancillary personnel. Exhibits the MHS Standards of Excellence and exercises strict confidentiality at all times.
· Current licensure in the State of Ohio as a Registered Nurse
· Minimum of two years cardiac or radiology nurse experience
· BLS, and ACLS required
· Ability to work independently
· Verbal, clerical, numerical, and manual dexterity, color vision and near visual acuity, proper lifting techniques and body mechanics
1. Works with the physician to perform tilt table studies.
2. Works in conjunction with the Nuclear Medicine Technologists in performing Cardiac Stress Tests.
3. Administers cardiovascular ultrasound contrast when indicated i.e. Definity.
4. Administers medication necessary for outpatient diagnostic testing, i.e. Morphine.
5. Obtains required patient assessments and reassessments for outpatient diagnostic procedures.
6. Documents assessments, interventions, medications and outcomes as appropriate.
7. Handles emergent patient care issues; Assists with Rapid Response and Code Blue in outpatient diagnostic areas.
8. Assists with nursing policies and procedures for diagnostic procedures to maintain patient and staff safety.
9. Assumes all other duties and responsibilities as necessary.