In an environment of continuous quality improvement, the EMS Communications Center Supervisor is responsible for the development and direction of the EMS Communications Center and performing EMS outreach throughout the continuum of care. Exhibits the MHS Standards of Excellence and exercises strict confidentiality at all times.
· At least 3-4 years of work experience as an EMT-Paramedic with 1 year experience in a supervisory role
· Ability to multitask for long periods of time
· Analytical skills required for evaluating situations and determining appropriate course of action
· Ability to maintain composure in stressful situations
· Ability to work well with a diverse group of individuals
· Detail oriented with the ability to respond quickly to emergency situations
· Ability to maintain confidentiality of information
· Excellent interpersonal skills required in interactions with MHS staff and the public
· Computer literacy with experience using Microsoft Applications
· Strong organizational skills
1. Has the authority and responsibility to hire, transfer, suspend, lay off, recall, promote, discharge, assign, reward, discipline, direct, or recommend such actions by using independent judgment.
2. Has the authority and responsibility to hire, transfer, suspend, lay off, recall, promote, discharge, assign, reward, discipline, direct, or recommend such actions by using independent judgement.
3. Completes and conducts employee performance evaluations based on direct observation of their employee's job performance.
4. Granted authority to perform the supervisory duties and are held accountable for performing such duties.
5. Able to perform duties of the EMS Communications Center Dispatcher competently.
6. Schedule EMS Communications staff to ensure appropriate staffing level is maintained according to need. Participate in hiring, training and performance evaluation of EMS Communications staff. Plans schedules vacations, holidays and sick leave relief for staff as necessary.
7. Conduct staff education on new policies and procedures.
8. Promotes teamwork and cross functional collaboration
9. Coordinate/conduct new staff orientation for EMS Communications Center.
10. Assist Program Manager in responding to customer complaints, problems and concerns regarding EMS Communications.
11. Understand performance improvement methodology and participate in department QI/PI.
12. Assist in obtaining and analyzing data for administrative, operational, QI/PI and regulatory purposes.
13. Completes routine drills with staff to ensure competency and compliance with policy and procedure.
14. Attend staff meetings and other meetings as assigned. Maintains knowledge of and educates staff in accreditation standards.
15. Work with program manager to draft, review, and maintain up-to-date department policies, operating procedures and emergency protocols.
16. Facilitate E-bridge user operations.
17. Acts as a superuser for the CarePoint/E-bridge system
18. Functions as EMS liaison for the health system.
19. Attends monthly EMS meeting.
20. Assumes all other duties and responsibilities as necessary.