In an environment of continuous quality improvement, the Host/Hostess is responsible continuous quality improvement, participates as a member of the Patient Services Team with primary responsibility for preparing food carts and delivering meals to patients. Continually develops knowledge and skills related to patient food service/nutrition. Participates in the continual improvement of the patient services work processes. Exhibits the MHS Standards of Excellence and exercises strict confidentiality at all times.
· High School Diploma, GED or equivalent training and/or experience required
· Minimum of one year food service experience required
· Ability to read, write and do math as generally demonstrated by a high school diploma or GED
· Good interpersonal skills (eye contact, active listening, etc.), good verbal and written communication skills
· Comprehensive knowledge of nutrition principles, meal patterns and exchanges
· Able to use computer
1. Uses safe food handling techniques.
2. Works safely and uses equipment properly.
3. Collects food preferences, intolerances and habits.
4. Assembles meal trays.
5. Offers entree and beverage choices.
6. Communicates via cell phone and coordinates with partner and kitchen staff to facilitate meeting the food service needs of all patients.
7. Collects trays from patient rooms. Records I/O's as appropriate.
8. Prepares, labels, and delivers nourishments. Writes menu's for outlier patients. Calculates amount of supplement to send when ordered.
9. Temperature recording and responsibilities.
10. Patient Rounding.
11. Patient data tracking including house, npo and missed meals reports.
12. Assumes all other duties and responsibilities as necessary.