In an environment of continuous quality improvement, the Anesthesia Assistant is responsible for providing technical and supportive services for the department of anesthesiology. Exhibits the MHS Standards of Excellence and exercises strict confidentiality at all times.
· High School Diploma, GED or equivalent required
· Minimum of one year of appropriate clinical experience preferred
· Prior experience in maintaining and stocking anesthesia supplies and cleaning of equipment, sterile technique and assisting anesthesia personnel required
· Interpersonal skills and computer skills
1. Assists anesthesia personnel and maintains anesthesia equipment and supplies (professional/technical).
2. Attends all required safety training programs and can describe his or her responsibilities related to general safety, department/service safety, and specific job related hazards.
3. Cleans all gas machines, ventilators, and monitors. Documents and reports repairs, safety maintenance checks on gas machines, ventilators and other related equipment before putting into service. Maintains a record of maintenance, cleaning and repairs.
4. Cleans and stocks all anesthesia tables, including c-section rooms, Specials, Cath Labs and MRI.
5. Cleans and maintains all monitoring equipment.
6. Procures supplies and equipment from within the hospital for the Anesthesia Service.
7. Communicates with Chief of Anesthesia, Director of Surgical Services/ Surgery Manager or authorized designee, the need for new products to be evaluated.
8. Inventories all anesthesia equipment and anesthesia special ordered supplies. Keeps stock adequate.
9. Assists anesthesia before, during, and after operations to maintain adequate supply needs.
10. Assumes all other duties and responsibilities as necessary.