In an environment of continuous quality improvement, the Decision Support Analyst is responsible for developing, preparing, and monitoring data used for financial analyses, financial projections, financial modeling, and reports used by system management in decision making via computer software applications and programming that supports decision making, strategy, performance improvement, and other key operational goals. Additionally, this role is responsible for consistent evaluation of data for timeliness and reliability. Exhibits the MHS Standards of Excellence and exercises strict confidentiality at all times.
· Bachelor's Degree in Finance, Information Services, or healthcare related field required
· Will consider Associate's Degree with qualifying experience in lieu of education on case by case basis
· Minimum of 3 years of work experience in healthcare or related field preferred
· Knowledge of hospital, clinic, and physician office operations
· Strong interpersonal, communication, and presentation skills
· Ability to problem solve and facilitate resolution to issues
· Demonstrates ability to handle multiple priorities
· Ability to make independent decisions
· Proficient with Tableau Software
1. Performs extensive data gathering/mining, abstracting and analytics of financial and clinical information from various decision support tools.
2. Gathers data and performs measurement and benchmarking of business operations in relation to best business practices for the healthcare service industry and internal business objectives.
3. Presents performance indicator reports and benchmark narratives.
4. Analyzes and implements the functionality and operations of systems to determine standard and ad hoc reporting capabilities per organizational needs.
5. Maintains initial data, solves data integrity issues as they arise, and oversees the addition of new data to analytics and reporting systems.
6. Create customized reports using data requested by senior management and conducts ad hoc analyses where needed.
7. Assists in the preparation and distribution of regular reports from internal and external data sources.
8. Utilizes database tools and applications to provide support and maintenance of reports/and databases/systems for Performance Analytics.
9. Develops queries to extract data and prepare reports from our VARIOUS systems.
10. Provides reporting analysis, programming and problem resolution to facilitate reporting process improvement of complex systems.
11. Cross-coordinates the design of data collection tools with appropriate clinical and/or business content coordinators to ensure that the data needed to populate reports is being collected within the system.
12. Assumes all other duties and responsibilities as necessary.