In an environment of continuous quality improvement, the Human Resource Specialist performs Human Resources related duties at the professional and primarily independent level. May carry out responsibilities in some or all of the following functional areas: employee relations, employment, benefits, compensation, training and communication, and leadership development. Exhibits the MHS Standards of Excellence and exercises strict confidentiality at all times.
Specialist Pay Level II:
· Bachelor's degree (preferred) or high school diploma
· Minimum of 10 years experience demonstrating progressive advancement within human resources
· Experience must be in a variety of human resource related functionalities such as payroll, benefits, compensation, recruitment, employment, performance management, employee relations
Specialist Pay Level I:
· Bachelor's degree (preferred) in human resource or a related field
· Will consider high school diploma with minimum of three (3) years of related experience, preferably in a human resource department
1. Administers various human resource's plans and procedures for hospital and system employees; assists in development and implementation of personnel policies and procedures related to area of specialty.
2. Partners with Director of Human Resources to train and communicate various Human Resources policies, procedures, laws, standards and government regulations.
3. Assists Director of Human Resources in developing department goals, objectives, and systems that are in line with Memorial Health System's overall business plan and strategic direction. Establish and implement Human Resources efforts that effectively communicate and support Memorial Health System's vision and strategic vision.
4. Participates in Human Resources department and specialist meetings and attends other meetings and seminars.
5. Maintains compliance with hospital policies and procedures, accreditation regulations, and federal and state regulations concerning employment.
6. Maintains a comprehensive awareness of current HR and local issues in order to continuously improve organizational planning.
7. Completes special projects as assigned by Director of Human Resources.
8. Assumes all other duties and responsibilities as necessary.
1. Researching and analyzing healthcare plans, including medical, dental, vision and disability insurance.
2. Evaluating the costs and benefits of wellness programs, life and long-term care insurance, and employee assistance programs.
3. Keep abreast of legal and regulatory compliance related to benefits specifically the Affordable Care Act and The Employee Retirement Income Security Act.
4. Assisting employees by explaining benefits and appealing decisions made by insurance companies.
5. Maintains benefit software, trains new users, and works with providers to ensure accessibility and accuracy of data.