In an environment of continuous quality improvement, the Cook is responsible for preparing food for customers and patients according to standardized recipes and for the quantities indicated on the production sheets. Performs all work in a safe and sanitary manner, making sure that all food meets established quality standards for flavor, appearance, texture and temperature. Exhibits the MHS Standards of Excellence and exercises strict confidentiality at all times.
· High School Diploma, GED or equivalent training and/or experience required
· Large quantity food production experience preferred
· Ability to read, write and do math as generally demonstrated by a high school diploma or GED
· Good interpersonal skills. Good verbal and written communication skills
· Basic knowledge of nutrition principles, safe food handling practices, large quantity food production principles and proper use of commercial kitchen equipment
· Basic measuring and math skills
· Ability to follow detailed written instructions (recipes)
1. Uses safe food handling technique.
2. Works in a safe manner.
3. Participates in daily meetings.
4. Makes sure that foods meet established quality standards for flavor, appearance, texture and temperature. Notifies management of foods that do not meet quality and quantity standards.
5. Handles ingredients as required for the specific position assigned to i.e.: Ingredient Control, Finish or Retail Short Order.
6. Makes efficient and appropriate use of leftovers and communicates this information to the next shift.
7. Sets up and serves on hot food lines as appropriate for the specific position assigned to ie: Ingredient Control, Finish or Retail Short Order.
8. Does assigned cleaning tasks.
9. Records information and completes reports as necessary for the food production system.
10. Has "in charge responsibility after 3:30 pm and performs other related duties as assigned.
11. Assumes all other duties and responsibilities as necessary.