In an environment of continuous quality improvement, the Customer Service Representative is responsible for developing and executing patient and public information and communication strategies and activities with the goal of creating heightened awareness of services and greater customer satisfaction. Assists in building strong customer relationships, by meeting or exceeding customer expectations and satisfy customer needs. Exhibits the MHS Standards of Excellence and exercises strict confidentiality at all times.
· High School Diploma, GED or equivalent required
· Minimum of one-year professional healthcare experience or equivalent experience required
· Ability to read, write and do math as generally demonstrated by a high school diploma or GED
· Must be customer service oriented, motivated and compassionate
· Must have outstanding phone skills, exceptional customer service, and professionalism
· Possess a positive attitude with the ability to interact well with guests, patients and peers
· Ability to navigate phone system efficiently and effectively with attention to detail and ability to multi-task
· Must be able to work flexible shifts
· Some walking required
1. Ensure delivery of excellent customer service through timely and accurate processing of mail and/or phone communications; coordinating with other departments to resolve inquires.
2. Identify and develop processes to improve and streamline operations.
3. Maintain thorough working knowledge of phone and computer applications.
4. Perform day-to-day administrative tasks such as maintaining information files and processing paperwork.
5. Maintain confidentiality of those we serve.
6. Assumes all other duties and responsibilities as necessary.
Customer Service Rep. Marketing:
1. Ensure delivery of excellent customer service by greeting guests in a friendly, efficient and courteous manner.
2. Provide wayfinding, directions, comfort care and answer questions for patients and visitors.
Customer Service Rep. Telecommunications:
1. Ensure delivery of excellent customer service through the relaying of all incoming and outgoing calls to the switchboard.
2. Performs paging, monitors fire and code alarms and adheres to code and disaster plans.
Customer Service Rep. Call Center:
1. Answers phones.
2. Registers patients.
3. Performs class registration.
4. Supports physician referral.
5. Collects data for other departments in regards to throughput and readmission data.