In an environment of continuous quality improvement, the Staffing Office Assistant collaborates with nursing managers and directs staffing office assistants to provide safe, appropriate scheduling and staffing of all nursing departments. Exhibits the MHS Standards of Excellence and exercises strict confidentiality at all times.
· High School Diploma, GED or equivalent training required
· Associate Degree preferred
· Business training/certification and office management skills with 3-5 years of hospital/related healthcare experience preferred
· Supervisory experience preferred
· Outstanding communication skills and solid interpersonal skills in relating to all levels of nursing department employees daily
· Flexibility and the ability to manage change are essential
1. Fulfills staffing vacancies in advance to ensure adequate coverage for all shifts.
2. Answers employee calls regarding staffing/scheduling functions. Prepare written correspondence as necessary.
3. Retrieves attendance records if staff members accrue excessive absences and/or tardiness as requested.
4. Checks time clock punch records against master schedules and noting the appropriate changes.
5. Reviews and maintains contracts with temporary staffing agencies that send nurses to facility.
6. Utilizes computer software to prepare, change and update the master schedule.
7. Maintains strict confidentiality of all pertinent employee information.
8. Performs other duties as assigned.