In an environment of continuous quality improvement, the Registration Receptionist is responsible for maintaining a positive office image, communicating patient and office needs by answering the phone, scheduling appointments, daily patient charges, and maintaining files and supportive services to the overall efficient functioning of the medical practice. Exhibits the MHS Standards of Excellence and exercises strict confidentiality at all times.
· High School Diploma, GED, or equivalent required
· Minimum of 1 year relevant experience required
· In lieu of experience, Associates Degree may be considered based on relevancy of experience
· Minimum of 2 years of experience in a medical practice environment preferred
· Ability to perform clerical tasks, including ability to follow directions
· Demonstrated proficiency in Microsoft Office Applications and computer skills
· Excellent verbal, and written communication skills
· Ability to get along well with a variety of personalities and individuals
1. Receives and directs phone calls to appropriate person and serves as the receptionist for the department by responding in a helpful way to all inquiries, answering telephone by following Hospital telephone etiquette guidelines, taking phone messages are documented accurate and complete, and screening call to determine the urgency and nature of the call and either refers calls to the appropriate staff/manager or takes a message and maintaining office records and logs as directed by supervisor.
2. Prepares, distributes and files a wide variety of reports as required by processing correspondence reports, into patient records.
3. Performs patient-related scheduling, registration, and insurance activities for providers by interacting with ancillary services personnel at this and other institutions to arrange proper diagnostic testing and preparations, verifying current demographic information with patient and updates record into the computer system while ensure correct release of information, providing necessary services to fulfill aspects of encountering protocol such as completion of demographic sheets on all patients, obtaining copies of insurance information, and supporting the need to meet constant and shifting deadlines for individual patient care.
4. Handles payments on accounts, charges, and medical co-pays by being responsible for accurate and timely entering daily patient charges in accordance with hospital policy, aiding by billing protocol for registration, encountering, batching and deposits, ensuring that all tickets and batches are posted on time in accordance with hospital policy and ensuring that copays are collected and posted on time in accordance with hospital policy.
5. Operates a variety of office equipment effectively.
6. Assumes all other duties and responsibilities as necessary.