In an environment of continuous quality improvement, the Sterile Processing Technician II is responsible for decontaminating, cleaning, preparing, and sterilizing all medical equipment, supplies, and instruments used in the hospital. Supplies all divisions with sterile supplies. Performs quality control checks on all equipment to ensure sterility and proper working order. Exhibits the MHS Standards of Excellence and exercises strict confidentiality at all times.
· High school Diploma, GED or equivalent required
· Certification by IAHCSMM required
· Knowledge of supplies, equipment, instrument and procedures
· Must be able to read, write and follow simple math skills; Ability to read, write and do math as generally demonstrated by a high school diploma or GED.
1. Performs technical duties related to the department.
2. Maintains responsibility for quality and safety related to equipment used.
3. Performs appropriate record keeping for the department.
4. Assumes all other duties and responsibilities as necessary.