In an environment of continuous quality improvement, the Accounting Assistant is responsible for compiling all relative documents for approval and payment of invoices. This position also maintains assigned accounts payable files. Exhibits the MHS Standards of Excellence and exercises strict confidentiality at all times.
· Associate's Degree in Accounting or Finance required
· Will consider 3 years of equivalent experience in place of education.
· Numerical skills, clerical abilities
· Ability to handle confidential information is mandatory; PC Spreadsheet knowledge.
1. Matches/codes paperwork and inputs into system on a daily basis, maintain open paperwork files (invoices/PO'S) so that no item is over 30 days old without documentation.
2. Prepares and ensures accuracy of vendor check payments weekly.
3. Maintains archived database by scanning processed paperwork.
4. Continually monitors vendor changes (ex. address, 1099's)
5. Assists with other employee's invoice workload as needed.
6. Reconciles vendor statements monthly and maintain proper documentation.
7. Assumes all other duties and responsibilities as necessary.