In an environment of continuous quality improvement, the Outpatient Services Technician is responsible for providing a full service of patient registration and other basic care responsibilities in the Outpatient Services center. Basic patient care functions will include phlebotomy, EKG, drug/alcohol screening and specimen collection, etc. Exhibits the MHS Standards of Excellence and exercises strict confidentiality at all times.
· High School Diploma, GED, or equivalent required
· Completion of a board eligible phlebotomy course with certification obtained preferred
· Additional coursework in Medical Assisting or previous hospital, physician office or other healthcare setting experience preferred
· Basic Life Support (BLS) required – will obtain during hospital orientation.
· Typing, spelling, basic medical terminology, interpersonal skills and familiarity with computers
1. Appropriately registers patients, verifies insurance, determines coverage and receives appropriate payments.
2. Accurately interprets written and verbal orders from physicians. Collects specimens appropriate to order.
3. Performs services such as ECG's, drug screens and nasal washings as needed to ensure efficient patient treatment.
4. Maintains compliance in RQI.
5. Assumes all other duties and responsibilities as necessary.