In an environment of continuous quality improvement, the Registered Nurse is responsible for rendering professional nursing care and directs and guides patient teaching and activities of ancillary personnel. Exhibits the MHS Standards of Excellence and exercises strict confidentiality at all times.
· Current licensure in the State of Ohio as a Registered Nurse required
· Minimum two years of experience in a medical/surgical environment
· Some ambulatory experience preferred
· Verbal, clerical, numerical, and manual dexterity, color vision and near visual acuity
· Successful completion of the Skin and Wound Care policy's procedures prior to staffing in the center
· Successful completion of the required validation for the Center for Wound Healing
1. Obtains required assessments and collects needed data.
2. Contributes to the development of a plan of care.
3. Implements and monitors nursing interventions.
4. Provides timely, adequate teaching to patient/family/significant other.
5. Consistently documents assessments, interventions, and outcomes in necessary databases.
6. Successfully completes yearly competencies.
7. Assumes all other duties and responsibilities as necessary.
1. Actively participates in quality reviews and performance improvement activities such as medical surveillance reviews and chart audits.
2. Assists physician with development and implementation of wound treatment plans and clinical practice compliance.
3. Provides care oversight based upon patients' needs.
4. Actively participates in the Hyperbaric eligibility process.
5. Completes required case management data in a timely manner.
6. Performs hyperbaric treatments when needed and keeps required competency requirements up to date (if certified to do so).
1. Delivers quality and appropriate wound care under the direction of a physician to inpatient population.
2. Successfully provides education to wound and ostomy patients.