In an environment of continuous quality improvement, the Food Service Worker is responsible for performing a variety of routine food service tasks such as patient food tray assembly and clean-up and simple food and nourishment preparation. Assists with food and beverage service at special functions. Sweeping, mopping and garbage removal. Delivery and retrieval of patient food tray carts to and from nursing units. Washes pots and pans. Serves food and operates cash register in cafeteria. Exhibits the MHS Standards of Excellence and exercises strict confidentiality at all times.
· High School Diploma, GED or equivalent training and/or experience
· Ability to read, write and do math as generally demonstrated by a high school diploma or GED
· Ability to read, write and follow written and verbal instructions
· Manual dexterity
· Ability to lift 30 pounds and walk/stand for most of the work shift
1. Performs all work in a safe and sanitary manner.
2. Performs all tasks well, paying attention to details and ensuring that customer expectations are met or exceeded.
3. Fills all floor stock orders accurately and on time, making sure someone from the receiving department is informed and has a chance to ask questions.
4. Performs all dishwashing work in a safe, sanitary and efficient manner. Makes sure that the equipment is used properly.
5. Serves customers in a courteous, helpful and efficient manner. Maintains a very neat, clean and clutter free café. Makes sure that all needed food and supplies are well stocked.
6. Assumes all other duties and responsibilities as necessary.