In an environment of continuous quality improvement, the Rehab Aide is responsible for assisting the licensed therapist with various patient treatments and therapies. Assists in the preparation, maintenance, and cleaning of equipment. Schedules patient appointments and counts number of patient visits. Exhibits the MHS Standards of Excellence and exercises strict confidentiality at all times.
· High school graduate or equivalent; Ability to read, write and do math as generally demonstrated by a high school diploma or GED.
· Previous experience preferred.
· Ability to read and write and to follow instructions.
· Basic numerical skills, manual dexterity, and interpersonal skills.
· The staff member must be able to demonstrate the knowledge and skills necessary to provide care appropriate to the age of the patients served in the rehabilitative services area.
1. Assists the licensed therapy staff with various treatments including: therapy interventions, transport and restorative activities.
2. Prepares, maintains and cleans equipment and treatment spaces according to hospital and departmental policies and procedures.
3. Accurately performs clerical tasks including but not limited to management of outpatient appointments, inpatient daily lists, ordering supplies, and telephone tasks.
4. Checks, enters, and monitors patient charges as well as identifies errors for correction.
5. Completes documentation in a thorough and professional manner and in accordance with all policies, procedures, and in compliance with HFAP standards.
6. Collaborates with other providers to facilitate the optimal outcome for each patient.
7. Assumes all other duties and responsibilities as necessary.