In an environment of continuous quality improvement, the Educational Services Specialist is responsible for assessing learning needs, plans/organizes, implements, conducts, evaluates, and revises educational and staff development programs according to educational standards, policy and procedures using the principles of adult education. Exhibits the MHS Standards of Excellence and exercises strict confidentiality at all times.
· Current Licensure in the State of Ohio as a Registered Nurse (if an RN) or other appropriate certification/licensure if non-nursing
· Master's Degree in Nursing or Master's degree in Education or other healthcare related field required
· Minimum of 3 years of healthcare or educational experience
· BLS Certification required
· Excellent speaking and writing skills
· Ability to use various A/V equipment and computer programs
· Able to multi-task in a fast-paced environment
· Understanding of basic statistics
1. Assesses learning needs, plans, develops, implements and evaluates education programs based on these needs for physicians; nursing and other hospital staff for both MMH and Selby.
2. Formulates education programs in response to the strategic objectives of the Memorial Health System; quality and patient outcome data; regulatory standards and annual needs assessment.
3. Collaborates with physicians, nursing, hospital clinical and non-clinical departments to develop appropriate education based on evidence based best practice. Evaluates the impact of education on patient outcomes.
4. Develop and acquire continuing education hours for the various healthcare disciplines. Maintain compliance for providerships that are obtainable by Educational Services.
5. Prepares reports and maintains records pertinent to regulatory agencies; educational programs and departmental operations.
6. Ensure the standards of the American Heart Association programs and other accrediting agencies are upheld.
7. Facilitates the communication; workflow design; implementation and education plan of changes as a result of accreditation and regulatory standards; process or system improvements as a result of LEAN, quality/process review, etc; or from best practices.
8. Collaborates with department or unit based educators in the development of educational programs. Serves as a mentor to unit based educators and other staff.
9. Collaborate with Human Resources; IT; department managers/supervisors; and education coordinators to assist with the onboarding and orientation of employees across the health system (primarily MMH, and Selby and physician clinics).
10. Collaborates and coordinates with secondary and post secondary schools regarding student experiences (shadowing; formal clinical rotation; career fairs; etc.).
11. Maintains compliance in RQI.
12. Assumes all other duties and responsibilities as necessary.