In an environment of continuous quality improvement, the Cost Accountant is responsible for maintaining and documenting in the cost accounting system. Additionally, this role is responsible for communication of costing to the coordinator and overhead statistics to the department managers. Exhibits the MHS Standards of Excellence and exercises strict confidentiality at all times.
· Bachelor's degree in Accounting, Finance or Business Administration
· Minimum 2-4 years of healthcare finance experience
· Experience in cost accounting role preferred
· Ability to multi-task, coordinate multiple initiatives and meet tight timelines
· Ability to interpret date and communicate to end users
· Effectively communicates with department heads and is a visible representative of the department
· Proficient in all spreadsheet applications, presentation software and budgeting software.
1. Responsible for the maintenance of the cost accounting system.
2. Responsible for the documentation of the cost accounting system
3. Ensure proper communication with the CDM Coordinator to ensure the proper costing of new procedures/supplies as they are established in the CDM's.
4. Communicate with department managers regarding the status of the overhead statistics to ensure statistics are timely and accurate.
5. Ability to interpret and communicate with all department managers.
6. Assists management with special projects.
7. Assumes all other duties and responsibilities as necessary.