In an environment of continuous quality improvement, the Nurse Recruiter, RN is responsible for coordinating the employment process, assisting with the recruitment of employees and other related human resource duties. Exhibits the MHS Standards of Excellence and exercises strict confidentiality at all times.
· Bachelor's Degree in Human Resources Management or related field
· Current RN licensure in the state of Ohio
· 3 to 5 years of experience preferred
· General knowledge of recruitment, interviewing, selection and employment laws
1. Performs all aspects of recruiting for employment of RN's and LPN's ranging from sourcing candidates, conducting effective and insightful screening, making candidate recommendations to hiring managers, coordinating the interview process and ensuring a strong candidate experience.
2. Comprehensive recruiting duties in support of Workforce Development team for RN and LPN positions.
3. Serves as a strategic partner with Clinical Managers and hiring leaders to understand their business objectives, growth strategies and hiring needs in order to develop strategic recruitment plans. Proactively utilize labor market and industry trends in order to educate hiring leaders and to develop recruitment strategies.
4. Develops sourcing strategies and techniques to attract, screen and engage active and passive candidates. Work with Workforce Development team to create pipelines of candidates for critical skills areas by utilizing social media and other sources to identify, attract and recruit quality candidates.
5. Ensures compliance with all legal aspects of recruiting and candidate selection. Act in compliance with federal, state and local equal employment opportunity statutes, rules and regulations.
6. Promotes MHS's commitment to diversity in a manner supporting the mission and goals by networking with community agencies, professional associations, educational institutions, and attending various events and job fairs.
7. Assists with building MHS's reputation as an employer of choice by connecting with selected sourcing and recruiting channels through recruitment branding, community visibility, networking, corporate events, etc. Understand the culture and environment, the market, the services provided, the strategic direction of the Hospital and the specifics surrounding each open position.
8. Effectively create and manage a great experience for every candidate.
9. Assists the Director of Human Resources and Vice President of Patient Care in developing department goals, objectives, and systems that are in line with Memorial Health System's overall business plan and strategic direction. Establish and implement Human Resources efforts that effectively communicate and support Memorial Health System's vision and strategic vision.
10. Participates in Human Resources department and employment team meetings and attends other meetings and seminars.
11. Maintains compliance with hospital policies and procedures, accreditation regulations, and federal and state regulations concerning employment.
12. Maintains a comprehensive awareness of current HR and local issues in order to continuously improve organizational planning.
13. Completes special projects as assigned by HR Supervisor and Director of Human Resources.
14. Works with Workforce Development team on career/educational based student program system for RN & LPN.
15. Assumes all other duties and responsibilities as necessary.