In an environment of continuous quality improvement, the Physician Assistant, in conjunction with the Physician/s and clinical staff, are responsible for exemplary patient health care and continuity of medical services under the direction of the supervising physician's. Responsibilities will vary with each position, and also according to specialty; must be accessible to their physicians, staff and supervisors. Exhibits the MHS Standards of Excellence and exercises strict confidentiality at all times.
· Bachelor's Degree in health related field required
· Completion of a 2 year Master's Physician Assistant Program with certification obtained required
· Ohio State Licensure as a Physician Assistant required
· Drug Enforcement Administration (DEA) Licensure required
· Must have passed the Physician Assistant National Certifying Exam (PANCE) required
· Ability to maintain quality assurance and quality control standards
· Capable of reacting calmly and effectively in emergency situations
· Excellent communication skills with both patients and colleagues are essential
1. Acts as part of a supportive group within the health system focusing primarily on acute care surgery and trauma.
2. Remains comfortable first assisting in the OR with collaborating physician(s)
3. Maintains competency in taking medical history, assessing medical conditions, and interpreting findings.