In an environment of continuous quality improvement, the IT Application Analyst is responsible for providing proficient, professional, and skilled support to implement effective technology and information best practices using Meditech 6.1X financial and administrative applications and other third party software. Additionally, the candidate uses knowledge and experience in a self-directed approach to assist in developing and implementing computer application solutions, which includes evaluating functionality of information systems and department workflow processes, and identifying and assisting in the resolution of issues. Exhibits the MHS Standards of Excellence and exercises strict confidentiality at all times.
· Bachelor's Degree in Information Technology, Computer Science, Accounting, Health Care or related specialty required
· Two years of systems analysis experience in a health care environment preferred
· Strong planning and organizational skills
· Strong analytical, problem solving, and conception skills
· Above average written and oral communication skills
- Works collaboratively with Meditech 6.1X support staff to perform problem diagnosis and implement resolution in order to maximize efficiency and achieve quality outcomes and performs follow up monitoring to ensure data integrity and successful resolution.
- Accurately and efficiently creates and maintains dictionaries in accordance with best practice guidelines and regulatory policies.
- Tests application enhancements and conversions in TEST before implementing in LIVE to implement best practice functionality, and perform follow up monitoring to ensure successful implementation.
- Serves in an on-call capacity to troubleshoot and mitigate urgent and high level system issues occurring after-hours and on weekends.
- Effectively handles multiple projects and many activities simultaneously.
- Assists management in developing department workflows, policies, and procedures.
- Adheres strictly to change control requirements and performs regularly scheduled audits to ensure TEST environment mirrors LIVE.
- Provides concise and timely communication of project and issue status to management, users, and peer team members in a fast paced changing environment.
9. Communicates effectively in both written and verbal format following the AIDET model
10. Assumes all other duties and responsibilities as necessary.