In an environment of continuous quality improvement, the Pharmacy Supervisor is responsible for directing and coordinating activities of pharmacy and pharmacy personnel. Exhibits the Standards of Excellence and exercises strict confidentiality at all times.
· Current Licensure in the State of Ohio as a Pharmacist and 1-3 years' experience as a staff pharmacist in a hospital setting
· Demonstrated management and interpersonal skills
· The staff member must be able to demonstrate the knowledge and skills necessary to provide care appropriate to the age of the patients served on his/her unit
1. Is responsible for integration of department with hospital objectives.
2. Rounds on employees and writes thank you notes.
3. Creates stop light reports and removes barriers to providing pharmacy services.
4. Completes internal customer rounds and coordinates with other departments.
5. Ensures orientation and education of expected behaviors and clearly defined expectations of duties.
6. Validate that staff are performing an appropriate quantity and quality of work.
7. Developing staff performance improvement plans, coaching, and counseling staff on performance and/or behaviors.
8. Develops policies and procedures.
9. Approving payroll when required.
10. Is responsible for departmental staffing and scheduling.
11. Is responsible for developing/revising performance standards.
12. Is responsible for quality improvement and control.
13. Is responsible for maintaining space requirements and equipment.
14. Validating staff on competencies and job requirements.
15. Performs special project work as directed.
16. Has the authority and responsibility to hire, transfer, suspend, lay off, recall, promote, discharge, assign, reward, discipline, direct, or recommend such actions in coordination with the Director of Pharmacy
17. Completes and conducts employee performance evaluations based on direct observation of their employee's job performance.
18. Granted authority to perform the supervisory duties and are held accountable for performing such duties.
19. Assumes all other duties and responsibilities as necessary.