In an environment of continuous quality improvement, the Database Administrator is responsible for the oversight of SQL databases including data integrity and access security. The Database Administrator is an important part of IT solutions that support patient care. Exhibits the MHS Standards of Excellence and exercises strict confidentiality at all times.
· Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, Health Care Administration, Informatics, Business or related field required
· 10+ years of relative experience may be considered in lieu of education requirement
· Minimum of five years of experience required
· Sound knowledge of Structured Query Language (SQL) and relational database concepts
· Writing and stored procedures/triggers, and working with views, database design, database management, and knowledge of SQL Server Task Scheduling and Alert Management Interface
· Excellent communication, customer service, problem-solving and analytical skills
· Well-developed interpersonal skills and the ability to work with all levels of the organization
· Programming skills related to ASP, .NET, and Visual Basic MS SQL Reporting Services
· Working knowledge with manipulation and analysis of statistical data from computerized information systems, such as, Meditech's HIS system and the Data Repository
· Demonstrated experience in multiple database products, platforms and languages
1. Develops strategies for database acquisitions, archival, design, virtualization, replication, maintenance and support and other complex technical tools and solutions.
2. Perform routine and customary operational and monitoring activities to ensure the database environment is stable and capable of meeting ongoing business needs.
3. Evaluate technology working towards the creation of a self-service data warehouse
4. Maintain documentation on design, database tables, data mapping, configuration, and settings facilitate proper system operation and administration
5. Troubleshoot all issues and work with infrastructure to resolve database performance and capacity issues
6. Assumes all other duties and responsibilities as necessary.