In an environment of continuous quality improvement, the Environmental Services Supervisor is responsible for performing scheduling, and supervision of Environmental Services Technicians. Maintains departmental attendance records, scheduling, time card management and maintains proper inventory of necessary supplies. Responsible for acquiring a working knowledge of Hazmat Laws, DOT, OSHA, etc. Prioritizes work requirements and provides guidance to the Environmental Services Technicians, floor care technician and Environmental Services specialists. Exhibits the Standards of Excellence and exercises strict confidentiality at all times.
· High School Diploma, GED, or equivalent required
· Associate Degree preferred
· Previous manager/supervisor experience preferred
· Minimum of five years of experience in environmental services under related conditions required
· Demonstrated leadership skills
· Excellent verbal, presentation and written communication skills
· Ability to get along well with a variety of personalities and individuals, to influence others to perform their jobs effectively and to be responsible for making decisions, and to find solutions for or to deal proactively with work-related problems
· Ability to demonstrate proficiency in Microsoft office applications
· Ability to demonstrate working knowledge of institutional cleaning supplies and equipment
· General knowledge of floor care maintenance
· Workable knowledge of general office equipment, computers and related software
· Recommend pursuit of the certification in American Society for Healthcare Environmental Services Association
1. Maintains working knowledge of institutional cleaning supplies and equipment and general knowledge of floor care maintenance.
2. Knowledge of the Hazmat Program.
3. Maintains familiarization with regulatory requirements.
4. Holds knowledge and competency with environmental services computer software system.
5. Maintains monthly reports and budget preparation.
6. Maintains the floor care/grounds keeping program.
7. Maintains the recycling program.
8. Coordinates training for new hires in Environmental Services.
9. Has the authority and responsibility to hire, transfer, suspend, lay off, recall, promote, discharge, assign, reward, discipline, direct, or recommend such actions by using independent judgment.
10. Completes and conducts employee performance evaluations based on direct observation of their employee's job performance.
11. Granted authority to perform the supervisory duties and are held accountable for performing such duties.
12. Assumes all other duties and responsibilities as necessary.