In an environment of continuous quality improvement, the Athletic Trainer is responsible for evaluating patients, establishing treatment plans, and administering medically prescribed athletic training to restore function following disease, injury or disability. Location of work includes indoor and outdoor environments with variable work shifts and will require travel. Exhibits the MHS Standards of Excellence and exercises strict confidentiality at all times.
· Bachelor's Degree or higher in Sports Medicine/Athletic Training required
· Licensure in the State of Ohio as an Athletic Trainer required
· NATA certification required
· BLS certification required
· Maintain compliance in RQI
· Requires excellent interpersonal communication skills, excellent eye/hand coordination, manual dexterity, and basic numerical skills
· Must be capable of assisting with transfer lifting of patients
1. Completes athletic training evaluations based on diagnostic and prognostic testing methods.
2. Independently provides treatment modalities and techniques in a safe and effective manner according to departmental policy and procedures.
3. Demonstrates effective teaching skills.
4. Completes documentation in a thorough and professional manner and in accordance with all policies, procedures, and in compliance with HFAP standards.
5. Designs and implements collaborative student programming to promote health/wellness and healthcare careers within the school.
6. Assumes all other duties and responsibilities as necessary.